Saturday, May 26, 2012

Holy Chuck

Holy Chuck Burgers (1450 Yonge Street, Toronto)
416-962-4825
info@holychuckburgers.com
Hours:
Mon - Sat: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.

The Holy Chuck ($9.99)
They ask you not to put any extra condiments on it and that's perfectly fine with me because I don't usually like them. It's a double cheeseburger with bacon and caramelized onions. It wasn't as big as I expected, but it was about average burger size. First thing I noticed when I bit into it was that it was grilled really nicely. The very peripheral edges of mine were just a bit crispy, but the insides of the patties were so so juicy. Think leaking burger. The meat was cooked to about medium - really nice. I was a fan of the meat. The caramelized onions were fine. Unfortunately, on my first bite of the burger, I managed to drag out all the bacon with my teeth. This resulted in a baconless burger for the rest of the time. The bun was soft and nothing fancy. I was impressed with the burger, but Andrew said that it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. He mentioned that Craft Burger (now Big Smoke Burger) has better tasting burgers and it's cheaper. I haven't been there since the name change, so I'll have to go again and see what he's talking about... but somehow I don't think those burgers would be as moist. 


I like their cow pictures.

If you're feeling underweight and suffering low blood pressure, might I suggest the cowlorie ($11.99). It's a double cheeseburger with bacon and caramelized onions, in between two grilled cheese sandwiches. It sounds very fair food like. I was interested, but I didn't particularly want to die of a heart attack right then.

The Go Chuck Yourself Challenge seems a bit frightening as well.

Would I return? I would. I enjoy the meat, and some of their speciality shakes sound interesting. I'm pretty curious about the Reese's pieces and banana one. They also have poutine with actual cheese curds. The place isn't very difficult to get to, being just south of St. Clair station. It won't be the cheapest burger though.

Total damage: $13.31 for my Holy Chuck burger and can of Sprite.

No comments:

Post a Comment